Tuesday 2 April 2013

My Budding Bard

Anna has taken to writing recently. She writes stories - some by herself, some with a friend.  She often won't let me read her writing because she seems to think it is embarrassing
"It's got too much violence in it Mum," says she. Hmmm!
Maybe she is more worried that I will correct the spelling or something - I won't, honest!

Two days ago , she brought me a poem she had written. I melted.
Here is it:

"My Mother" by Anna (Aged 12)

My Mother likes to do things like gardening in the sun,
But stops when the kettle boils; she likes her tea does Mum.

She also takes great delight in growing fruit and veg,
And one of her great qualities is she likes to tease and jest.

One thing I love about my Mother is that she makes life fun,
And I have to admit that if it weren't for her I'd never get anything done!


Here is another one she has written:

"I've Got Your Back" by Anna

You've been my friend for goodness knows how long,
You've stuck with me through whatever's gone wrong.
If I could repay you in any small way,
Give back some of the kindness you've given away,
Then I would do it...you need only ask,
Even the longest most arduous tasks.
If you need someone to listen, someone to tell,
Just come and find me and I'll listen well,
I'm here to listen and to give advice,
But if its not wanted then I won't think twice.
I will stick with you through thick and thin,
It seems a small price to pay for the comfort you give.
Through arguments, fights or our enemies attack,
You don't need to worry... I've got your back.

Anna being a Cairn gopher

1 comment: