Wednesday 3 July 2013

Contemplating the stars

Warning, Mummy brag heading your way:
I set Joel a task this morning.
I had been looking at diagrams of star lifecycles to show the kids, but they all seemed to be a little different from each other depending on which website or book I looked at. I suspect some were out of date, others simplified, or being used to demonstrate one particular aspect of the process.
Either way, as usual, I was not satisfied with anyone else's answer, so I decided to make my own.
Except Joel knows far more than me about such things, so I delegated the job.

I was MOST impressed with the resulting diagram he came up with, using a simple graphics package.
Here it is.
Click on image to get a bigger readable version.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Joel this is the best I have ever seen. I didn't even know about the Wolf star. I am going to look it up. We will add it to our space lap book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am no star expert, but those are some very cool diagrams. Nice visuals. Joel! Well-deserved brag moment!

    ReplyDelete