Sunday 19 May 2013

I am the Egg Man...

I have been making a regular rendez-vous for clandestine exchanges with the Egg Man.

When we first moved to Cambridge area, we were delighted to spend a year as members of a Hempsal's Community Farm  (http://www.hempsalsfarm.com/).
We had a wonderful experience helping set the place up and enjoyed the fruits of our labours with half a pig (pre-butchered I am glad to say), masses of eggs, a CHristmas goose and veggies in season.

Once we moved to our own home and garden, we ran out of time to have so much involvement, but are now on the "Friends" list, which means we can visit and help, still opt for half a pig, and buy excess produce.

Can you see the odd one out?
It is a duck egg, and I have cleaned it up with the plan that I will turn it into a Fabergé style decorated shell when I have a spare moment. Ha!
 
Eggs have been flowing in abundance for them this year. Here is a photo of a box I received recently.

The others remain a little yucky to look at as it is best to clean them just before use to prevent bacteria travelling through the porous shell with the aid of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment